(Marissa, Dsenyo Founder, and family celebrating an 80 degree Thanksgiving in Arizona)
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and were able to spend time with loved ones and friends. This year we are counting our blessings at Dsenyo and are thankful for so much!
Here's our Thanksgiving list of gratitude (and a personal one too)...
#1 - We are thankful for our amazing fair trade artisan partners around the globe
- Toni Holland and her team in Mzuzu, Malawi that support our various artisan partners in Malawi and work tirelessly to make sure shipments get out on time and to spec
- Mwayiwathu the lovely, cheerful group of ladies who hand-craft all of our little friends
- There is Hope Malawi who help coordinate Umoja crafts making our greeting cards and providing opportunity to refugees with disabilities in Malawi
- Vipambi Women's Group who do the bulk of our sewing for the popular African textile products we offer (aprons, pajama pants, wrap skirts and more!)
- Kate and her team at Mulberry Mongoose who we are just thrilled to have as new artisan partners this year and have provided Dsenyo with a fabulously successful line of jewelry reflecting the beauty of the African bush.
- Vivi and her team at Segue o Seco who are the most lovely hosts and wonderful people to work with. On top of that they produce exquisitely crafted, eco-friendly, fashion-forward clutches and accessories from Brazil for Dsenyo!
- Nearly 300 shops in the USA, Canada, Australia and Europe carry Dsenyo fair trade products and help support women and artisans in Malawi, Zambia and Brazil as they build a better future for their families
- We couldn't be more thrilled to have such loyal partners and new stores coming on board weekly
- Wether you follow us on Facebook, shop regularly online, provide moral support and more...we are so grateful to have you as part of the Dsenyo tribe as we all work together to build a better world
- You are the ones who make all of this possible! You are a key link in a chain that's working to make trade fair for hard-working women and artisans across the globe.
- I can't tell you how huge this is! For many years I was building Dsenyo on my own and over the past couple years I have been so blessed to be able to hire folks to help build Dsenyo. On top of that, I feel like I have won the lottery and have always found amazing people to join in this effort.
- A special thank you to Amy Travis, Linda Xiong, Meredith Olsen, Jane Whittlesey, Ashley Lester and Alison Hanson who have all contributed to Dsenyo this year on our USA team
(Mary Jo and Doug at M & D Kitting Solutions)
#5 - We are thankful for M & D Kitting Solutions our warehouse in Colorado
- Mary Jo and Doug are the most gracious, supportive third-party warehouse in the world. I think I can make that statement!
- We are able to provide fabulous customer service and keep our inventory organized thanks to their tireless efforts. They are incredible!
- This was not an easy competition to enter and required a lot of commitment on the part of already busy university students.
- We were impressed with the quality of submissions and the level of thoughtfulness and creativity they dedicated tot he competition.
- We are still deciding on a winner...keep your eyes peeled!
- This was our first year working with a PR firm and we feel like we hit the jackpot! Karen and her team at SnL are so pleasant to work with, are professional, dedicated and effective. We are thankful for all of the hard work they have put into Dsenyo pitches this year and look forward to more in 2015.
(Fair Trade Fashion Show at Momentum in Boulder, CO)
#8 - We are thankful for all of the Fair Trade/Alternative Giving Events that are hosting Dsenyo this holiday season
- One of our favorite parts of the holiday season are the wonderful local, in-person events we get to take part in. May churches and schools hosted Dsenyo this year for their dedicated shopping events focused on fair trade and hand-crafted goods. They take such good care of us often feeding us lunch and providing volunteer support staff. This is a vital part of our business and we are thankful to our wonderful hosts for all the work they do to make these events possible.
#9 - We are thankful for the Dsenyo Board of Advisors
- From the beginning Dsenyo has had a dedicated Board of Advisors that meets annually and provides council throughout the year. This year they expressed interest in being even more involved and did so by providing special sessions at our first annual Dsenyo retreat and meeting as a board an additional time in September.
- I'm so grateful for their support, advice and input as we make big decisions and shape the future of Dsenyo.
- A special thank you to Lisa who spearheaded the Design for Change competition and helped bring that to fruition!
#10 - I'm so very thankful for my husband and growing family
- A very special shout out to my husband and son who are so supportive as we grow this business and our family at the same time!
- My husband works a full-time job, makes family a priority and somehow still finds time to help with all kinds of various Dsenyo stuff. He's also my number one cheerleader and sounding board. I couldn't be doing this without his support.
- I'm particularly thankful this year as we prepare to welcome our second child into the world in spring 2015. I just feel so overwhelming blessed to get to work towards something I'm extremely passionate about and grow and love my family at the same time. I recognize that this is a blessing and opportunity not afforded to everyone and I don't take it for granted.