Dsenyo is not only committed to Fair Trade practices but environmental stewardship as well. Having a minimal impact on the environment is a central principle for Dsenyo. Here is how we practice that:
- We create as little waste as possible by using textile remnants in new product dsigns (Eco Shopper, Greeting Cards, Tissue Pouches)
- We source sustainable fibers like Jute, Organic Cotton and recycled stuffing when possible (Table Runners, Placemats, Hobo, Wristlet, Little Friends)
- We use up-cycled and repurposed materials in product design (Denim Tote, Denim Button Bag, Denim Hip Bag, Coil Earrings, Coasters, Woven Trays)
- We make a minimal carbon footprint in Malawi (most of our producers don't have electricity so they hand-stitch or work on treadle sewing machines, we also use public transport)
- In the USA Dsenyo uses 80-100% post consumer material shipping boxes and/or reclaimed boxes.
- Our hang tags, business cards and other promotional materials are printed with soy inks on recycled paper.
- We recycle in our office, practice composting and print as little as possible.
* Simply choose the "Happy Earth Day - FREE Shipping" option at check out!